How To Apply Attar Perfume: Everyone needs attar or aroma, regardless of the holiday, function, ceremony, ritual, or celebration that matters most to the people. Since the earliest human civilizations, attar Perfume has been known for its fragrance.
Attar oils offer a wide variety of uses and applications. Each attar oil has a distinctive scent and other qualities, and they are used in various ways. Some attar oils are applied directly to the body as scents, while others are utilized in various products. In addition to these, there are several attar oils and essential oils that are beneficial in healthcare and whose distinctive fragrances aid in body healing and mental strength when applied as attar perfume.
Popularity and uniqueness of attar perfumes :
In India, the history of attar production started back more than 60,000 years ago. It became more popular in India during the Mughal era. Various authors claim that the usage of attar oils and scents was pleasant during the Mughal era in India.
The history of Attar Perfume is closely related to that of Kannauj, a tiny town in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. Because the town is well known for producing attar oils, Kannauj is also known as the “perfume city of India” and “Itra Nagri.” Traditional attar is produced in more than 500 different units in Kannauj.
As they are closer to the essence of nature than synthetic perfumes, that makes them unique in their own way. They simultaneously relieve your tension and make you feel and smell wonderful. A unique attar has notes of sweet, zesty pineapple combined with woodsy cedar and traces of patchouli.
Understanding attar perfumes :
What is attar perfume? Where does it originate from? What is the Natural and traditional aspect of attar perfumes?
Attar are often made from natural sources, such as essential oils or absolutes. These essential oils are typically obtained by steam or hydrodistillation. Technically, attar are natural plant and animal extracts.
Attar are essentially highly concentrated, alcohol and chemical-free perfumes. These natural fragrances are sold in extremely small quantities and are put into tiny, decorative, or occasionally jewel-encrusted traditional decanters.
Attar that are pure and natural are produced using the traditional method of steam distillation in copper vessels from flowers, spices, herbs, or barks. Attar produced in our facilities have energizing, enduring scents that can mesmerize the body, soul, and mind. Our consumers are greatly impacted by the high quality of our attar. We provide 100% pure, natural, and alcohol-free traditional attar.
Craftsmen and attar manufacturers/producers in Kannauj are proudly preserving traditional ways of creating attar and essential oils.
This custom has been passed down from generation to generation. Observing craftsmen perform the traditional attar-making procedure is most precious for the eyes to watch.
Different types of attar perfumes :
We can broadly categorize attar into the following types on the basis of ingredients used:
- Floral: Rose, jasmine, sandalwood, chameli, and other single, exotic, gorgeous flowers are used to make attar. Attars of this type have a delicate, sweet scent.
- Spicy: The richness and purity of the spicy aroma profile are part of its inherent qualities, which substantially enhance floral and other aspects. They come in varieties like hot and cold.
- The heated variants come in a variety of flavors, such as spicy chili pepper, bittersweet saffron, and smooth, warming cinnamon.
- Rich, vibrant ginger, fresh coriander, and sweet, resinous cardamom are examples of the “cold ones.”
- Woody: Woody perfumes, as their name implies, are characterized by their luxuriant woody nature and notes of woody elements including trees, resin, moss, bark, pine cones, plants, and roots. Grass and leaves can have a strong, woodsy, earthy aroma (much like Vetiver and Patchouli).
How source material influences its fragrance :
The natural scent of attar is drawn out of flowers, herbs, wood, etc. A perfume has the power to change someone’s perspective and attar, which is long-lasting and can explain it more creatively.
Attar can benefit a person spiritually in a variety of ways. The attar has been used for thousands of years to attract angels, spirit guides, and good fortune while fading off evil spirits and ill luck.
Choosing the right attar perfumes :
Rose, jasmine, sandalwood, musk safi, and oud are a few common attar fragrances. While jasmine attar is a fresh, floral scent that is excellent for daytime wear, rose attar is a traditional scent that is ideal for romantic events. While musk safi attar is musky and seductive, sandalwood attar is warm and spicy. Rich and sophisticated, oud attar is ideal for special occasions. So choose your type of attar according to your preference.
Choosing the right fragrance for your personality :
Given the large number of available scents, selecting the ideal attar aroma for you might be challenging. Here are some points to assist you in finding the ideal:
- Know your preferences
- Consider the occasion:
- Check for the fragrance
- Know the concentration of the ingredients
- Read about the feedbacks
Tips to select the right scent :
When purchasing an attar perfume, keep the following in mind:
- Fragrance: Attar comes in a variety of aromas, including floral, woodsy, musky, spicy, citrusy, and more. Pick the option that best suits your personality. While woody and spicy scents work well for everyday wear, floral and musky scents are ideal for romantic settings.
- Longevity: Top-notch attar can stay on your skin for more than 12 hours. For best longevity, choose ones with rich, concentrated oil bases.
- Price: Due to their natural constituents, pure attars are more expensive. Depending on the brand, quality, and quantity, budget between Rs 300 and Rs 2,000 for your purchase. Cheaper little bottles of 5–10 ml are also available.
- Skin type: All skin types respond favorably to attars. Attars without alcohol are best for skin that is sensitive while stronger ones support oily skin.
- Brand: Reputable brands that use premium natural components are always the ones to choose when purchasing attars.
Quality and authenticity :
To ensure the quality and authenticity of your attar, make sure to buy it from a trustworthy vendor. Genuine attar are created by expert perfumers utilizing natural components.
Attar perfume gives priority to transparent production processes, ethical sourcing, and sustainability. You may also choose wisely by reading customer reviews and looking up certifications.
How to ensure they are purchasing the right perfume :
Things to Consider When Purchasing Perfume: These points advise you on how to choose the best perfume :
- Be mindful of your body’s chemistry.
- Think about if you want a fragrance for everyday use or one for special occasions.
- Depending on the season, select a warm or cool fragrance.
- Instead of your initial purchase being a full-size bottle, opt for a roll-on.
- If you’re looking for an everyday scent, choose citrus.
- Purchase powerful, floral scents for special events.
- Keep an eye out for sales.
- Lastly, keep your budget in mind.
Significance of quality and purity :
One of the most reliable techniques for assessing the quality of essential oils today is GC/MS testing.
Since essential oils are highly volatile, their chemical properties tell how they behave and smell. We know that natural methods are always more useful and pure, even when we can change them using synthetic methods. To demonstrate that the produced essential oils are 100% pure and organic, GC/MS testing is completed and a report is generated for each product.
Preparation before applying it to the skin :
The following considerations should done when applying attar to your body:
- Make sure your hands are clean.
- Some skin types may react negatively to synthetic attar, so it is advisable to utilize natural attar instead of synthetic attar.
- It’s best if your hands aren’t too dry; a little moisture will definitely improve the fragrance.
- Dark attar has the ability to discolor clothing or irritate skin.
- Maintain the purity of your smells at all times.
After taking a shower, apply the perfume and spread an unscented moisturizer in the area where you’ll put it on to make it stick better.
Roll-on scents should be applied directly to the skin, while bottled oil should be applied with your fingers.
Now the question arises which time should it be applied?
The best time to apply attar is before going to bed and after waking up in the morning. Otherwise, it is also allowed to apply at other times of the day.
A little attar goes a long way because it is so highly concentrated. Start with one or two drops on special occasions.
How to apply attar perfume
- The dab method: Dabbing is a fantastic way to apply a small amount of perfume. People used to apply them to the back of their hands before giving them a gentle rub. You should lightly dab your hand on the wrist of your other hand after placing it on the wrist of one hand.
- The Traditional and basic method of using attar fragrance oil is to apply it indirectly to the clothing you have been wearing.
- Apply it to the pulse points: When applied to the correct areas this attar could last longer and the areas are wrist, neck, inner elbow, and behind the ears as they are warm areas that allow fragrance to release effectively.
- The cloth method: An alternate way of application that is gaining popularity is applying perfume to clothing. On clothing or accessories like scarves, caps, and purses, perfume is sprayed. Also always switch to the attar that has a low concentration of alcohol in it because that will prevent the staining of the clothes and will have longer effects.
Tips for long-lasting fragrance
Attar offers a wide variety of smells in addition to being long-lasting. The sort of attar you select will determine how long it lasts. The duration of the attar varies with each variety because different aromatic components in each attar release at various rates.
So in order to get its long-lasting fragrance attar should be kept in a cool, dark location away from heat and sunshine to keep its scent. A container that is airtight must be used to store it in order to keep the aroma from fading. Attar’s fragrance may be harmed by plastic storage containers and things with strong aromas. So avoid keeping it with these materials.
Different people in societies use attar. It enhances our healing process occasionally and increases our happiness and confidence. But if you choose to use an attar, be sure to pick one that is natural and non-toxic so that you can take the advantages to the fullest without suffering any negative side effects.